Luxembourg Residence by Investment
Luxembourg is a lesser-known European country, but with its safe environment and good living standards, it is definitely one of the best locations to live on the continent. It is one of Europe’s wealthiest countries and is well-known as a financial center. Luxembourg is a small country sandwiched between Belgium, France, and Germany, but it speaks German, French, and English. In Luxembourg, there are a few options for obtaining residency. The first is the Private Reason path, which is for people who have demonstrated that they have the financial means to live in Luxembourg but will not be working there. This route grants you a one-year residency visa.
Since late 2017, a new path has been available: the immigrant investor programme. This residency-by-investment scheme provides investors with a three- to five-year residency permit. Applicants are eligible to apply for permanent residency and naturalisation as Luxembourg citizens after 5 years.
Luxembourg Investor program
Steps to follows to apply to the program
Step 1: before entering the country:
Follow these steps to apply for the programme.
- obtain approval from the Minister of the Economy or the Minister of Finance, depending on the case
- submit an application for a temporary authorization to stay to the Immigration Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
- hold a valid passport
- for persons who are subject to a visa, request a visa type D after obtaining the temporary authorization to stay
Step 2: after entering the country:
- Step 2: Once you’ve arrived in Luxembourg, register a declaration of arrival with your new commune of residence within three days of your arrival; and get a medical check.
- Fill out an application for an investor’s residence visa.
- The program provides a variety of investing possibilities, including active and passive investments.