New Zealand is one of the world’s most stable and well-governed countries, making it a desirable place to invest, do business, and raise a family. In terms of investor protection, starting a business, and ease of doing business, the country consistently ranks in the top ten.
New Zealand Residence by Investment
Residence can be achieved by investing between NZD 3 million and NZD 10 million in eligible assets and keeping these investments in New Zealand for at least four and three years, respectively, for an Investor 2 resident visa and an Investor 1 resident visa.
Benefits of the New Zealand Residence by Investment Program
• Political, social, and economic stability
• Solid legal system based on English law
• High living standards, multicultural population, and low population density with a significant number of counter-parties, there is a strong tax treaty network.
An acceptable investment is:
- Investments capable of generating a commercial return
- Not for the applicant(s)’ personal use
- Invested in New Zealand in a NZD amount
- Invested in legitimate firms or managed funds
- One that has the ability to contribute to the economy
Acceptable investments include:
- Bonds issued by the New Zealand government or local authorities
- Firms traded on the New Zealand debt securities market
- Firms with at least a BBB or equivalent rating
- Registered banks
- Finance companies
Equity investments in New Zealand companies (public or private, including managed funds), registered banks, and residential property development are also possible (s). Applicants can choose from a variety of funds and/or assets in which to invest.